Please join us for Northwest Big Band Jazz Camp 2024!
We are expanding to 2 full Big Bands this year!
We will be holding the next NWBB Jazz Camp the week of May 5 – 11, 2024 at Warm Beach Camp and Conference Center, Stanwood, WA.
Northwest Big Band participants will rehearse 2 – 3 times daily (with the entire band or in sectionals), starting on a Sunday evening. Musicians from Washington State will serve as faculty (band directors and advisers to camp participants.) The camp culminates in a free public performance Friday evening.
- All band members are expected to bring their own musical instruments, though pianos will be provided. We can assist you with renting a drum set, bass, amplifier, or other instrument upon request (please inquire about pricing).
- You must be able to read music at an intermediate level (ability to improvise not required).
- We plan to have two Big Bands this year! If we do not get enough registered participants to fill two Big Bands, we will have one Big Band and one Combo or Little Big Band (depending on the number of registered participants). Instruments will be filled on a first come/first served basis as musicians register for NWBB Jazz Camp. We will also maintain a waiting list in case your instrument is filled.
- Dress code is casual and comfortable for rehearsals. The average temperature range in the Puget Sound region in early May is low 40s to mid 60s; recommend you bring clothing to dress in layers. Rain is common, so you may want to bring an umbrella too. For the final performance Friday night, musicians are required to wear a white shirt (long or short sleeved) and black pants or skirt/dress.
- Review a list of songs played at the NWBB Jazz Camp 2023 concert.
- View photos and videos from previous jazz camps.